Cattaraugus - Little Valley Central School is now hiring:
Elementary School Principal--
- Minimum five years classroom teaching experience
- Certification as School Building or School District Leader
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Supervises: Teachers, Teacher Aides, Teacher Assistants and other staff as assigned by the superintendent.
Job Function: The Elementary Principal is
responsible for the leadership, administration, and supervision of all
areas of the Elementary School. The Elementary School Principal will
collaborate with the administrative team in the alignment of programs
UPK – 12th grades.
- Lead in the development and implementation of short-range and
long-range plans for achieving Elementary School goals and objectives
aligned with the district strategic plan.
- Leadership, administration, and supervision of the Elementary
School’s curriculum, instructional, and assessment practices aligned to
Common Core and NYSED mandates and regulations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Curriculum & Instruction the
professional staff development needs of Elementary School faculty.
- Attend Board of Education meetings and prepare and coordinate
presentations, programs and reports for the Board as required and/or
requested by the Superintendent.
- Oversight of Elementary School data driven instructional practices
and related databases for instruction, curriculum and assessments.
- Oversight and coordination of Elementary School Academic Intervention Support (AIS) and Response to Intervention programs.
- Oversight of the Elementary School budget and budgetary processes.
- Order, organize and coordinate the administration of local and NYS Elementary School assessments.
- Coordination of scheduling and master schedule for the Elementary School.
- Oversight of parent communication to include webpages, Elementary School newsletters and related publications.
- Participation in school and community events.
- Articulation and implementation of Student Code of Conduct .
- Adheres to District and NYSED regulations for school safety procedures and practices.
- Collaboration with the school community in articulating the mission and vision of the Elementary School.
- Demonstrates and acts upon the needs of the community through on
–going assessment and development of resources, programs and supports.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of staff in accordance with approved APPR plan.
Evaluation: Annually, in accordance with NYSED approved APPR plan.
Terms of Employment:
12 month position
See below for a list of items to be sent to the district by October 26, 2016.
Technology Teacher/STEAM Integrator--
The teacher will support technology education and STEAM integration UPK -12th Grades. The position includes the development of interdisciplinary lessons integrating STEAM grades UPK – 4. The position will include course instruction at the middle and high school level.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- To support and advance STEAM related learning through collaboration with teachers and students
- Support professional development learning opportunities in collaboration with BOCES staff and related resources
- Develop and model STEAM instruction, planning and lesson development
- Support best practices in STEAM to include assessment of new resources for STEAM related learning activities
- Model design thinking, principles of engineering, and other innovative frameworks
- Instruct courses at the Middle and High School level
- Development of interdisciplinary lessons integrating STEAM grades UPK – 4.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional practices in areas of technology, engineering, science, computer science, arts, or related educational fields
- Support the planning of STEAM related extra-curricular activities
- Support the planning of STEAM field trips and school and district wide STEAM learning activities for teachers, students and the school community
Certified Technology Teacher
5 Years of Successful Classroom Experience
Family & Consumer Science Teacher
See below for a list of items to be sent to the district.
Items to be sent to district:
· Letter of Interest
· Application (can be found on the district website)
· Copy of Current Certification
· 3 Current Professional References
Send to: Sharon Huff
Cattaraugus-Little Valley Central School
25 Franklin Street North
Substitute Teachers Needed
--Rate of Pay up to $90/day. Please fill out the Administrator/Teacher Application Form to the left of this page and submit to:
Sharon Huff, Superintendent
Cattaraugus-Little Valley Central School
25 N Franklin St.
Cattaraugus, NY 14719
Substitute Personnel for Cleaners, Bus Drivers, Teachers, Aides and Nurses-
Please pick up applications at any of the campus offices or click on the Applications Forms links on the the left side of this page and print them off.
Any Questions? Please call the Business Office at 257-5293