Job Function: The Director of Curriculum and Instruction is responsible for the leadership, administration, and supervision of all areas of curriculum and instruction. The Director is responsible for assisting district administrators and teachers in developing curriculum, assessment and instruction to advance student achievement aligned with NYSED mandates and regulations. He/she may be responsible for writing of grants for the district. The Director of Curriculum & Instruction may assume responsibility of the Chief Information Officer as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
1. Lead in the development and implementation of short-range and long-range plans for achieving curriculum and instructional goals and objectives aligned with the district strategic plan
2. Leadership, administration, and supervision of the district’s curriculum, instructional, and assessment practices aligned to Common Core and NYSED mandates and regulations.
3. Oversight of CoSers in collaboration with building administrators and BOCES.
4. Coordinate professional staff development learning opportunities for the district and buildings including scheduling, agendas, workshop facilitation and coordination with BOCES resources and services.
5. Updating of Professional Development Plan on an annual basis.
6. Attend Board of Education meetings and prepare and coordinate presentations, programs and reports for the Board as required and/or requested by the Superintendent.
7. Participation in BOCES and NYSED curriculum forums and professional development opportunities.
8. Oversight of data driven instructional practices to include; WNYRIC, DataWarehouse and district specific databases for instruction, curriculum and assessment.
9. Oversight and coordination of Response to Intervention (RTI) programs and data for the district.
10. Oversight and coordination of Academic Intervention Support (AIS) programs for the district.
11. Support in oversight of processes and processes for district databases for APPR plan.
12. Oversight of district data for accountability and data reporting for BOCES and NYSED.
13. Support and coordination of grant writing (local, state & federal) as assigned by Superintendent.
14. Oversight of curriculum budget and budgetary processes.
15. Organize and coordinate local and regional scoring of state assessments.
16. Coordination of curriculum mapping software tools and related curriculum and instructional databases.
17. Coordination and oversight of instructional resources and tools to include local and state programs and resources; UPK – 12th grades (APEX Learning, AIMSweb….)
18. Coordination of ESL services and resources.
19. Coordination and oversight of district mentoring plan.
20. Participation in school and community events.
21. Coordination and oversight of Teacher Center resources and supports.
22. Performs such other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Technology Teacher/STEAM Integrator--
The teacher will support technology education and STEAM integration UPK -12th Grades. The position includes the development of interdisciplinary lessons integrating STEAM grades UPK – 4. The position will include course instruction at the middle and high school level.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Certified Technology Teacher
5 Years of Successful Classroom ExperienceSee below for the list of items due by July 22, 2016.
· Letter of Interest
· Application (can be found on the district website)
· Copy of Current Certification
· 3 Current Professional References
Send to: Sharon Huff
Cattaraugus-Little Valley Central School
25 Franklin Street North
Substitute Personnel for Cleaners, Bus Drivers, Teachers, Aides and Nurses-
Please pick up applications at any of the campus offices or click on the Applications Forms links on the the left side of this page and print them off.
Any Questions? Please call the Business Office at 257-5293