Goal #1: Curriculum Alignment PreK-12Through PreK-12 curricular teams, the District will focus on vertical alignment across grade levels and subject areas.
- Curriculum Alignment & Instructional Planning: developing curriculum and instructional plans across all subject areas (ongoing).
- Common Core Alignment: ensuring K-12 ELA and math curriculum is aligned to the Common Core and NYS assessment expectations (year 4).
- Social Studies Framework: continue to work on implementing the new framework and inquiry-based learning experiences, and preparing for the new Regents exams in Global 2 and US History (year 2).
- Next Generation Science Standards: begin building awareness of the new science standards and develop an implementation plan over the next three years (year 1).Goal #2: LiteracyLiteracy is the ability of our learners to use language, numbers, images, technologies, and other means to understand, communicate, and apply knowledge. The District will continue to place great emphasis on providing programming and supports to ensure that all students are literate and competitive in college, career, and beyond.
- SchoolRise: continue using the standards-based change process, elementary educators are collaborating to identify and develop a system for improving student achievement (year 2).
- Guided Reading: build teachers' capacity for facilitating small group reading instruction designed to provide differentiated teaching that supports students in developing reading proficiency (year 2).
- Writer's Workshop: build teachers' capacity for implementing an interdisciplinary writing technique that will foster students' fluency in writing through continuous, repeated exposure to the process of writing (year 2).Goal #3: Response to Intervention
In order to ensure that all learners can succeed, the District is dedicated to providing a framework of supports and interventions tailored to meet the individual needs of students.
- NYS Response To Intervention Program: plan and implement school-wide, multi-tiered prevention framework that provides supplemental, needs-specific interventions to students experiencing challenges academically, socially, and/or emotionally.