Course Description:This is a full year course is designed to build on previously learned skills when creating artwork in the following units of study: Drawing, Painting, and Technology. The objective of the course is for students to gain a sound understanding of general art mediums, techniques, and related art history.
Grading Policy:Projects:10 pts. Craftsmanship10 pts. Creativity10 pts. Effort10 pts. Elements/Principles of Design10 pts. Project Specifics5 pts. ReflectionTotal 55 pts.Late Work Policy:Based on Class Participation Grades students working consistently that do not finish on time will lose 3 pts each day beyond the deadline.Incomplete projects will not be accepted beyond the end of the quarter.Class Participation: 30 pts per weekStudent can earn a maximum of 6 points each day. If a student is absent, he/she can make the daily points up by working outside of the class, the ABSENT mark will be removed and participation grade will replace the previous code.Unit Summary Sheet: 15 pts.Student will need to complete an unit summary sheet identifying their understanding of tools, techniques, concepts and procedures. Unprepared students will be asked to spend time with me after school to complete the worksheet.Current Event Oral Summary: 15 pts.Student will share a brief oral summary on an art-related article with their classmates. This mandatory assignment is due every other Friday.
- Bring a traditional #2 pencil to class every day.
- Arrive to class on time.
- You must have you agenda to sign out for the lavatory.
- Show respect for others and their work.
- Use equipment and materials responsibly.
- Maintain a high attendance rate- as per the participation grade.
- Keep a positive attitude and put forth effort.
- Live by "the golden rule for living".
Extra Credit:Students can turn in an extra credit every other week. *See the extra credit link from my main welcome page.Subject MatterUse common sense and good judgment, as per school appropriate standards determined by your instructor and administrator.Be respectful of copyright infrigement laws.
- Current event articles can be found in newspapers or magazines. The article must be related to the visual arts (sculpture, painting, drawing, stage design, fashion design, architecture, interior design, etc.). I will also except editorials from creditable television shows, such as Sunday Morning News on CBS 9am-10:30am.
- The article should have three or more paragraghs on content.
- The article must be read prior to class.
- If at all possible, I would like a copy of the article or documentation of the source. Please ask permission from the owner of the source to print a copy.
- If you are absent, you are responsible to share your article with the class during your next class.
- Unprepared students will be given a written assignment due for the next class. The student will receive 0 points for being unprepared. If the student turns in the written assignment, the zero can be replaced with as much as 50% of the grade.