1. No food or drinks allowed in the classroom at any time.
2. Class begins the moment the bell rings. Be seated with all materials ready to go.34. Students should behave in an appropriate manner toward other students, teachers, and school property.
3. A student’s personal electronic device(s) are not allowed in the room at any time. If one is seen, it will be confiscated until the end of the class period. If a student repeatedly possesses any electronic device during class, a referral to the principal will occur.GRADING POLICY10 week Test: 20%Tests: 40%Quizzes: 20%Homework: 10%Participation: 10%
1. Homework will be given every class. ALL necessary work must be shown in PENCIL. Homework is collected and graded in the following manner:
Every class day, a die will be rolled at the beginning of class.
The homework will be graded in the following manner.
ODD NUMBER ROLL (graded out of 3 pts)
(This is considered an “effort” grade)
0 – nothing turned in
1 – assignment has been attempted.
2 – assignment is almost complete or the
assignment is complete but done in pen or
work has not been shown
3 – assignment is completed in pencil, neatly,
and all work has been shown
EVEN NUMBER ROLL (graded out of 10 pts)
0 – nothing turned in or just a page of answers
1pt is deducted for every two questions that are incorrect. Please understand that if no work has been shown, the question will be considered incorrect.
If a question is skipped, it is an automatic 1 pt deduction.In order for the student to receive a perfect score regardless of the value of the die roll, the assignment must also be on the proper paper with the proper heading, be neat, and have all necessary work shown.2. Students must take notes during class and review the notes every night and while working on homework.
3. Notebook quizzes will be given twice per marking period.
4. Late homework will not be accepted.
5. The participation portion of the class average is based upon the following: daily preparation, class participation, and attendance.
Note: Class participation includes behavior, and attendance refers to unexcused tardies and unexcused absences. Each student begins each marking period with a grade of 100 for participation. Any infraction of the above listed criteria loses 3 points per incident from the participation grade .
6. If a student is absent from school, he/she has three (3) school days to contact the teacher to make arrangements to make up any missed tests or quizzes.
7. If a student is absent from school, he/she is still responsible to complete any homework assignment given. On the first day of every week, a homework list will be given. Therefore, unless the absence occurs on the first day of the week, the student will know what has been assigned.
SPECIAL NOTE: Field trips and other missed classes where a student is still considered IN SCHOOL (band lessons, for example) do not count as absences. A student is responsible for any material covered just as if he/she had been present in class.
8. Daily required materials: pencil, pen, eraser, notebook (with looseleaf paper), and calculator.
(TI-nspire graphing calculators are provided for student use while in class only.)