Title I & Academic Intervention Support
The Title I Reading and Math Programs at CLV Elementary School is designed to provide instruction that allows students to develop skills and strategies that will help them in preparation for college and career readiness. Our students meet with AIS teachers in small groups several times each week. AIS teachers implement research-based and high impact interventions based on a student’s area of need. Student progress is monitored routinely to ensure that the intervention is impacting student achievement. That means an AIS teacher and the classroom teacher consult frequently about student progress.
ENTRY INTO THE PROGRAM
- Students may become part of our AIS Program for a variety of reasons. They are considered for our program if:
- They score at or below level 2 on the English-Language Arts Assessment or Math Assessment in grades 3 and 4.
- They are identified through the district’s i-Ready and Aimsweb diagnostic programs.
- They are experiencing great difficulty in the classroom, and the classroom teacher and AIS teacher think the student will benefit.
EXIT FROM THE PROGRAM
INTERVENTIONSEach of the three tiers of intervention provides additional support beyond the core curriculum. In Tier One, teachers will use different strategies within the core curriculum and classroom to address students needs. Students who are not progressing at a rate to meet end of year benchmarks in Tier One will be provided Tier Two interventions matched to their needs. Students continuing to experience difficulty may be recommended for Tier Three interventions.
- They meet the state standard on the English Language Arts or Math Assessment in grades 3 and 4.
- They are identified through the district’s i-Ready or Aimsweb diagnostic programs.
- They are functioning in the classroom and their teacher recommends no additional assistance.
MATERIALS USEDCLV is fortunate to be able to offer Title I AIS students a wide range of materials that support the Common Core learning standards. Reading Specialists are experts at developing materials and activities that relate to classroom instruction. Title I AIS teachers also use, when appropriate, high quality commercial materials designed specifically to improve reading, writing, and math skills.PARENTS ARE IMPORTANT!Parents are the most important people in a child’s life. It is important for you to know how to help your child succeed in school, and for your child to know that you expect them to do their best in school. You can help your child succeed by showing that you value reading and writing. Read with your child every day! Let your child write notes or grocery lists. Listen and take time to talk with your child! Encourage your child to practice the new skills being learned every day. Check classroom homework folders each night. Attend parent conferences, Parent Nights, and special events that CLV offers for families.Title I AIS Services: Math & Literacy Team
Mrs. Andera, Reading & Math K
Mrs. Fuller, REading & Math 1st
Mrs. Schmick, Reading 2nd-4th
firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. Barber, Reading email@example.com
Mr. Askey, Math 2nd-4thMs. Benson, Math AIS AideMrs. Havens, Instructional Coach & Title 1 Coordinatordhavens@clvschools.org
Phone: 716-257-3436 Ext. 5859