Subsidized Child Care
What is subsidized child care? Subsidized child care provides free or low cost child care to eligible families living in New York State. Cattaraugus Daycare Subsidy program provides child care subsidies to families with incomes below 200% of the federal poverty level.
The eligibility for subsidy is based on the parents'/guardians' participation in at least one of the following:
- Educational and training programs that lead to employment in a demand occupation. The list of demand occupations is generated by the state Department of Labor.
- Working parents
- Teenage parents who were completing their high school education.
- Families who needed help to prevent a child's out-of-home placement.
- Working parents who are transitioning from Temporary Assistance
- Day care for Foster Parents to ensure day care while working.
To apply, please call (716) 373-8065 and request an application OR click on and fill out the application below. Return your application to the Department of Social Services of the county you live in.