What is SNAP?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues electronic benefits that can be used like cash to purchase food. SNAP can help you feed your family.
Who is eligible to receive SNAP benefits?
You may be eligible based off income requirements, which you can see here: SNAP Income Eligibility
Refer to this step-by-step process to apply for SNAP:
- Gather documents you will need
- Log on or register to create an account
- Answer a series of questions about your household
- Submit your application
- Recent pay stubs
- List of household resources
- Current rent/mortgage statement
- Current property tax bill
- Current homeowner’s insurance bill
- Social Security card
- Contact Dept. of Social Services M-F 8-5
- Phone: (716) 373-8065 appointments over the phone.
- ***Nutrition Outreach and Education Program (NOEP) Coordinator at CCA can help with application over the phone 716-945-1041***
- or call: 1-800-342-3009