What Is WIC?
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children - better known as the WIC Program - serves to safeguard the health of low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care and other social services.
WIC eligibility is based of off the following requirements:
Visit WIC Eligibility for more information
How to Apply for WIC
- Call Cattaraugus County Health Department: (716) 373-8057
- Note - Each person applying for WIC benefits must go to the local agency to apply and be present at the time of application.
- Bring one proof of income for everyone in your household
- Bring one proof that you are one of the people served by WIC
- Bring one form of self identification
- Bring one current proof of where you live
For more information on required documentation visit What to Bring to Your WIC Appointment