The Palmar Reflex in and infant
Exercises to integrate the Palmar Reflex:
- With one hand, point your fingers and thumb straight up. Your wrist should be relaxed, following the line of your fingers and thumb.
- Touch your thumb to each finger, one finger at a time. This will look like an “Okay” sign but try to keep your other fingers straight and pointing upward as much as you can.
- Then go backwards from pinky to pointer.
- Do this three times
- Switch hands, repeat steps one through 4.
- Work up to being able to do this exercise with both hands at the same time.
- Complete daily. The skills should show improvment in handwriting after 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) of practice.