Email me at: my first initial last name @cattlv.wnyric.org
Phone number: 716-257-3483 ext. 3307
Welcome to 6th Grade ELA!!
This year in ELA, we will be focusing on the Common Core Learning Standards for English Language Arts Grade 6. Students in this class can expect the following:
1. Come to class prepared with your textbook, agenda, ,a pencil & pen, your ELA folder, and a book to read.
2. You will be reading independently both in school and at home on a regular basis. You will keep track of your at home independent reading on a Weekly Reading Log that will be turned in for a grade. You will also be doing projects on books that you have read at home.
3. You will complete various homework assignments designed to practice the ELA skills that were taught in class.
4. In class we will read many interesting genres of literature including short stories, poems, non-fiction and fiction.
5. We subscribe to Time for Kids Magazine. All students will be getting their own copies to keep. You will be taking a comprehension quiz on each issue and we may find inspiration for some writing tasks from the magazine.
6. All the work that we do will help us to be prepared for the New York State ELA test on April 1st.