Are You Intereseted in Becoming a CLV Board of Education Member?
Board Candidacy Information
Are you interested in becoming a Cattaraugus – Little Valley school board member?
Candidates for Membership on the Board of Education
At the May 18, 2021 Annual School Budget Vote and Election of School Board Members, there will be three (3) at-large Board of Education vacancies on the ballot. The three candidates receiving the highest vote totals shall each be elected to a full three-year term to commence July 1, 2021 and expire June 30, 2024. The seats currently held by Joseph Frentz, Jim McDonnell, and Joel Merrill expire June 30, 2021.
If you are interested in running for a seat on the Cattaraugus – Little Valley Board of Education, a petition and informational packet may be obtained by contacting the District Clerk, Paula Jones, at 716-257-5293, beginning on Monday, March 1st between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, or by emailing email@example.com. Petitions must be returned to the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 19, 2021.
Qualifications for School Board membership are:
1. A citizen of the United States;
2. Eighteen (18) years of age or older;
3. Able to read and write;
4. A legal resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one (1) year prior to the election;
5. Cannot be employee of the Cattaraugus – Little Valley Central School District;
6. The only member of his/her family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the Cattaraugus – Little Valley Central School District Board;
7. May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office, including, but not limited to Superintendent, tax collector, treasurer or librarian, or an employee of the Board.
In central school districts a Board member may be appointed Clerk of the Board and of the District;
8. Must not have been removed from a School District office within one (1) year preceding the date of appointment or election to the Board.
All petitions require at least 25 signatures from eligible voters of the district, or by two percent (2%) of the number of voters who voted in the previous annual election, whichever is greater.
Qualified voters for signatures on the petition:
1. Must be a U.S. citizen.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Must be a resident of the district for thirty days next preceding the election to be held on May 18, 2021.
All petitions are due to the District Clerk on or before Monday, April 19, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Paula Jones, District Clerk, at 257-5293 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org